cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to add a secondary email to my account but it's taken. What can I do?

I tried to add a secondary email to my account but it's taken. What can I do?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I tried to add a secondary email address but was told it's alredy taken.

By whom?  Do I have a second DropBox account I don't know (or forgot) about?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: EMail Addresses

Super User II
Super User II

@bcwhitaker wrote:

That means there's already a Dropbox account using that email address. An email address can only be associated with a single Dropbox account.

If the account is yours, you can reset the password if you don't remember what it is. Change the email address of that account, and that email will be available again for your other account.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: EMail Addresses

Super User II
Super User II

@bcwhitaker wrote:

That means there's already a Dropbox account using that email address. An email address can only be associated with a single Dropbox account.

If the account is yours, you can reset the password if you don't remember what it is. Change the email address of that account, and that email will be available again for your other account.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?