cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Need immediate help on a comprimised account need live support

I've accidentally joined a Dropbox Business team & I'd like to go back to a personal account.

hemituner
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I really need some live help I am afraid my account is compromised

18 Replies 18

hemituner
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Im really in a jam here I accepted an invite and now I am afraid the admins of this can see my entire PERSONAL drob box library, Im begging for help here I really dont know these other people and admins personally and they will not release me. Im in a real jam and have no idea if they can mine my data from that folder. Im really stuck and frantic please help

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
You MUST log a ticket as has been said numerous times I'm afraid.

Its a PUBLIC forum here - people cant help here.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I understand that this may frustrating to you at the moment hemituner, though please keep in mind that we can’t access your account specifics here for security reasons. 

Your best bet at the moment would be to pursue a resolution via your open email communication with my colleague. As you’ve accepted the invite to the Dropbox Business account, you should be entitled to priority email support, so they’ll get back in touch with you soon. I hope that this info is a bit more helpful to you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Richard43
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How do I leave the business acount? Need to contact someone.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Richard43 wrote:

How do I leave the business acount? Need to contact someone.

You need to contact the team admin of the Business account and ask them to convert your account back to an individual account.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Richard43, Rich’s advice is the best way to go at the moment!  

I’ve also run a search on our system on my end, I’ve located your newest open ticket & I’ve replied to you there. You may have a look at your inbox for my latest message whenever you get a chance & please let me know how you’d like us to proceed on that discussion. 

Thanks again for posting us on our Community & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again Richard! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

niksarov
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
You need Dropbox to work as a service.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @niksarov, if it’s not too much trouble for you, can you elaborate a bit on this inquiry? Have you accidentally joined a Dropbox Business team by any chance (i.e. as the title of this thread pertains to joining a Dropbox Business account in error) or are you referring to the Dropbox desktop application? 

Any detail you could include on this discussion would be very helpful; rest assured that I’m here to help you get this sorted in any way I can on my end. Thanks! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Mira2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Just cancel and open another account

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Need more support?