Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I've lost some documents and my space seems to be less than expected. Any ideas?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I've referred about 20 people who are using Drop Box but my space was drastically reduced.  We are all going to switch to Google Drive for less hassle. Shame on Dropbox!  No notice, just lost documents

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Less space

Super User II
Super User II

@betsiegoad wrote:

I've referred about 20 people who are using Drop Box but my space was drastically reduced.

Space earned through referrals is permanent. Once earned, you do not lose it. Space earned through other promotions is often time limited.

No notice, just lost documents

A reduction is space doesn't delete files, ever. If your space is reduced to a point where you have more data than allocated space, you simply won't be able to sync your files. All of your files would remain accessible in your account, but you wouldn't be able to add or change any files without either increasing your space or manually removing files to make space.

If you lost files, then something else is the cause. Dropbox does not delete your files. Only you, others with access to your account or other applications that you've linked to your account can delete your files.

Have you tried to recover any files?

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Less space

Super User II
Super User II

@betsiegoad wrote:

I've referred about 20 people who are using Drop Box but my space was drastically reduced.

Space earned through referrals is permanent. Once earned, you do not lose it. Space earned through other promotions is often time limited.

No notice, just lost documents

A reduction is space doesn't delete files, ever. If your space is reduced to a point where you have more data than allocated space, you simply won't be able to sync your files. All of your files would remain accessible in your account, but you wouldn't be able to add or change any files without either increasing your space or manually removing files to make space.

If you lost files, then something else is the cause. Dropbox does not delete your files. Only you, others with access to your account or other applications that you've linked to your account can delete your files.

Have you tried to recover any files?

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?