cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've purchased a paid upgrade through iTunes & I can't claim it on my account. Why?

Highlighted

I've purchased a paid upgrade through iTunes & I can't claim it on my account. Why?

New member | Level 2

Last Month:

1. In iOS app, selected Upgrade Account and selected “$119.99 a year.”

2. App charged me $129.71 including taxes

3. Dropbox account stayed at Basic.

Since Last month, been trying to find out what I can do to get my account set to Plus. But Dropbox claims I have two accounts and that it is Apple’s issue and Apple’s troubleshooting says that I have to contact Dropbox. I have tickets open with both Apple and Dropbox, but neither have been answered and want to help. Dropbox continues to insist the second account has been upgraded (even though I am renewing an existing subscription which I have been using for years... it was just a click of a button from the same account to renew)

In the meantime, I have run out of space for different projects and I use Dropbox for sharing which I’m not able to use now even though I paid for.

Any tips for how I can get the upgrade I paid for? A lot of emails back and forth without success.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Cherged Upgrade to Plus Unsuccessful

Dropboxer
Hey @Tixo123, I understand that this isn’t ideal & I’m here to guide you through as much as I can on my end. 

For starters, since you mentioned that your subscription was purchased through iTunes, then this can only managed by this team; we don’t have visibility on payment-specifics our side. 

Having said that, I’ve seen your recent open Support request on our system with our specialized technician. I’ve made a note of your latest comment on this email chain & I’ve increased your support priority internally, as I understand that you’d still need assistance.

Even so, I’d suggest explaining matters in a bit more detail on your discussion with the iTunes team, as they have visibility on what could’ve gone wrong along the way. 

I’m also here as a direct point of contact for you just in case you need further assistance from me in any way. Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Jane, thank you for your efforts however I still have not received any answer that would help me... What do you need to know other than what I emailed the Support Team?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey again @Tixo123, please accept my apologies for the slight delay. 

Re-iterating from my previous post, the transaction has been processed outside our system & that’s why we may not be able to address payment-related questions like this one. Have you contacted apple again by any chance?

Since your escalated ticket has now been closed on our system, I could create a new one on your behalf & forward to a specialized agent as a question, however it looks like asking apple directly regarding the charge would be best. 

Please let me know how you get on. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?