cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to delete my account

Highlighted

I want to delete my account

New member | Level 2

I want to delete my account but I've forgotten my password and my email is invalid. What should I do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I want to delete my account

Dropboxer

Hello @-12345- - welcome to the Community!

At first, could you clarify if you are logged into the account on any device of yours and how exactly you email address is invalid? Did you make a typo upon signing up for our service or it was deleted? 

Do you have any form of access to the account's email address or password? 

If not, there's little we can do from our end so your best bet would be to check if you’re able to access your files if you’re signed into Dropbox on a device. This could be your phone, tablet, or even a friend’s computer. If you’re signed in on any of these devices, you can transfer your files to a computer or to a new Dropbox account.

Note that if you no longer want your Dropbox Basic (free) account, you can simply leave it alone. Your account will be automatically deactivated—and your files deleted—90 days after you reach 12 months of inactivity.

I hope this helps to some extent and please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hello @-12345- - welcome to the Community!

At first, could you clarify if you are logged into the account on any device of yours and how exactly you email address is invalid? Did you make a typo upon signing up for our service or it was deleted? 

Do you have any form of access to the account's email address or password? 

If not, there's little we can do from our end so your best bet would be to check if you’re able to access your files if you’re signed into Dropbox on a device. This could be your phone, tablet, or even a friend’s computer. If you’re signed in on any of these devices, you can transfer your files to a computer or to a new Dropbox account.

Note that if you no longer want your Dropbox Basic (free) account, you can simply leave it alone. Your account will be automatically deactivated—and your files deleted—90 days after you reach 12 months of inactivity.

I hope this helps to some extent and please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hello, thank you for your reply. I am currently logged into the account on all devices, and my email was deleted, so I have no access to it. I will do as you suggested, and try to transfer everything.

Thank you again

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?