cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wanted to join a shared folder but I joined a Business team instead

Highlighted

I wanted to join a shared folder but I joined a Business team instead

New member | Level 2

hi! i have a dropbox plus account. I got an invitation to join a new team and I accepted. Now I´m not into my account anymore, it seems like all my documents are now part of this new team but i just wanted to join a shared folder. How can i go back and rescue my account? there is now one folder with all my documents but the main folder is the one of this "new team". I dont mind to loose access to this new team, just need to recover my original account. Many thanks!!!

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: share folder

Dropboxer

Hi @angelazm, I'd be happy to help!

If you see a folder that's purple with your name on it, that means it's your team member folder and it's visible only to you.

To leave the team, all you have to do is ask the admin to convert your account back to an individual one. 

Once they do that, you'll be on a Basic plan and will be able to upgrade at any point in time. 

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to give us another nudge. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?