cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was deleted from a team, but I can't create a new account with that email address

Highlighted

I was deleted from a team, but I can't create a new account with that email address

New member | Level 2

Hi there, 

My administrator deleted my account. Now I want to make a new account with the same e-mailadress but it says the e-mailadress is already in use. I filled in my old password but it just doesn't work. 

What can I do? 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: I was deleted from a team, but I can't create a new account with that email address

Dropboxer

Hi @Ghislaine , thanks for joining the Community!

If you’ve been deleted from a Dropbox Business team, then it isn’t possible to create a new account using the same email address for 7 days.

This is because the team admin has the ability to recover the old account to the team, if this was an error on their part, up to a week later.

After the 7 days have passed since the deletion, you’ll be able to create the account.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?