Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I was over charged and need a refund. Can you help?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi there, I have been charged $850 for 5 licences that I don't want. I understood it was $17 per month ... so I had a huge shock when I received an invoice for $850. I have submitted numerous tickets and was expecting a reply in 12 hours, more than 24 hours, no reply.  Please tell me how to cancel this subscription or downgrade to 1 license and receive a refund. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: over charged

Super User II
Super User II
Phone and chat support is only available to Dropbox for Business customers. If you're a DfB customer, you can find the options for phone and chat in your admin console. All other customers use the ticket system.

Open your ticket here: https://bit.ly/cm-support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I have had exactly the same problem.  I have been charged $1700 for a service I did not want, did not need and had cancelled.  I have been trying to get reimbursed ever since 20th August but have received no satisfactory reply.  I had understood it is illegal for a company to charge a customer for a service that he or she did not want, need and had cancelled.  How can I get a refund.  Judging from the comment above this seems to a be common practice of Dropbox, i.e. to charge customers for cancelled and unwanted services.  I recommend that all customers be warned and cancel all  accounts with Dropbox. 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

I have been charged $850 for 5 licences that I don't want. I understood it was $17 per month

Dropbox for Business is $15 per user per month, with a minimum of 5 users. The lowest possible rate is $75/month or $850/year.

I have submitted numerous tickets and was expecting a reply in 12 hours, more than 24 hours, no reply.

Opening multiple tickets only slows down the response time. Close all but the original and wait for a reply. Replies take approximately 1-3 business days for Business/Pro customers (longer for Basic users). Also, as a Dropbox for Business user you have access to phone support. The phone number and required PIN can be found in your admin console under Help.

Please tell me how to cancel this subscription or downgrade to 1 license and receive a refund.

The minimum number of licenses is 5 so you won't be able to downgrade. Dropbox usually has a no refund policy as stated in their terms. You'll need to speak with Support about your specific situation.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I have not yet received a reply to my query.  I object strongly to the blanket rule about no refunds.  This is ridiculous and against all trading policies, certainly in Australia.  If services were not used, wanted or asked for I suggest it is probably illegal to charge for them as in my case.  I demand my refund of $1700 which was wrongly debited on my account.  Penelope Greenslade

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Some progress on my situation - I managed to have live communication with the US this morning Australian time, through the "chat"  - I explained the situation and they showed me how to cancel my subscription.  They also said I would receive a refund, although there was no mention as to when this would occur. They advised me to go for dropbox pro rather than business.  I am still waiting for a full transcript of my chat  with them and hope that we will actually get the refund, but it sounded promising! If you are based in Australia as I am, try calling them or contacting them via the online chat first thing in the morning while the USA is still awake! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Yes I am based in Australia.   It is good news indeed for succeeding in getting the promise of a refund.  I will try chat as soon as I can but may not be until Friday now.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
but where did you find to contact them via chat?? i did not find anything to communicate

Thanks
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Phone and chat support is only available to Dropbox for Business customers. If you're a DfB customer, you can find the options for phone and chat in your admin console. All other customers use the ticket system.

Open your ticket here: https://bit.ly/cm-support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: I was over charged and need a refund. Can you help?

Explorer | Level 3

Please tell me how to cancel this subscription or downgrade to 1 license and receive a refund. I only have I license.

Please help.

Highlighted

Re: I was over charged and need a refund. Can you help?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

If you currently have a Dropbox Business subscription, please note that the minimum number of licenses is 3. If you are a single user then I would suggest that perhaps a personal plan may be more suited to you. If you’d like to cancel your subscription, you can do so with the steps outlined here.

However, since this is a billing related query then I would recommend going through our Support channel if you require some assistance with this. Would you mind if I reach out to the email address associated with your Community profile?

Otherwise, if you’ve already submitted a Support ticket with our team, please feel free to let me know the ticket reference number (eg. #1234567) and I can follow up there with the info you’ve provided here.

Let me know - Cheers!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?