cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Get summer ready with Dropbox basic - travel documents, plans, progress reminders and more, right over here.

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I change my account's email, do I keep the files?

If I change my account's email, do I keep the files?

hanhwa
New member | Level 2

Hello

I have been using my email for Dropbox account. However, my email will be expired and need to change with the new email.

I would like to know if I change my user email, do my current files in Dropbox also be deleted?

Thank you for reading my discussion

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: about changing email

Mark
Super User II

Hi @hanhwa 

As long as you change the email at www.dropbox.com/account it will just update that.... so everything will stay as it was and only your log on email will change

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: about changing email

Mark
Super User II

Hi @hanhwa 

As long as you change the email at www.dropbox.com/account it will just update that.... so everything will stay as it was and only your log on email will change

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: If I change my account's email, do I keep the files?

Leecad2369
New member | Level 2

I put in the wrong email when i set my laptop up. How do i change it to my current email. i dont have anything in my dropbox atm so dont matter if it gets deleted 

Re: If I change my account's email, do I keep the files?

Mark
Super User II

You probably wont be able to @Leecad2369 

So I'd suggest just unlinking it and setting up a brand new account with the correct email 🙂

Poll
Which Dropbox Plan do you have?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Leecad2369 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?