cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: freeing up space

Highlighted

If I delete shared folders, will they be deleted for others as well?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

hi, 
I'm out of storage space!
I have lots of large files that clients have shared with me in the past. I no longer need those files, but if I delete them from the shared folder, does that mean the client has lost that file also? I run a very small business so don't want to have an overhead for file sharing by upgrading. Can anyone advise me? thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Super User II
Super User II

jenintheuk wrote:

I no longer need those files, but if I delete them from the shared folder, does that mean the client has lost that file also?

Yes. If they're in a shared folder then anything you do to the files in the folder will replicate to all other members of the share as well. If you no longer need the files, you can leave the share.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Super User II
Super User II

jenintheuk wrote:

I no longer need those files, but if I delete them from the shared folder, does that mean the client has lost that file also?

Yes. If they're in a shared folder then anything you do to the files in the folder will replicate to all other members of the share as well. If you no longer need the files, you can leave the share.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?