cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I upgrade to Plus and then downgrade back to Basic, will I still have the space that I unlocked?

If I upgrade to Plus and then downgrade back to Basic, will I still have the space that I unlocked?

dc443
New member | Level 2

The starting Basic tier storage amount is 2GB. I have 9.25GB through actions such as "Bonuses for using Camera Uploads", referrals, and things like that. I'm considering upgrading to Plus in order to be able to sync more new devices, however I'd like the peace of mind in knowing that if I go down this path, and decide to revert back to Basic in the future when I transition to self-hosted synced storage, I hope that I could retain my 9.25GB on dropbox rather than start from square one with 2GB on my account.

If this cannot be guaranteed, then I would want to create a new separate paid account to switch everything over (content and devices) to use. This would of course be monumentally aggravating.

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: If I upgrade to Plus and then downgrade back to Basic, will I still have the space that I unlock

Rich
Super User II

@dc443 wrote:

... I hope that I could retain my 9.25GB on dropbox rather than start from square one with 2GB on my account.

If you upgrade your account and then later downgrade, you'll go back to whatever storage you had prior to the upgrade, excluding any space that might have expired in that time (referring to time-limited bonuses from computer, mobile or software purchases, etc., and not camera uploads, referrals, etc.).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: If I upgrade to Plus and then downgrade back to Basic, will I still have the space that I unlock

Rich
Super User II

@dc443 wrote:

... I hope that I could retain my 9.25GB on dropbox rather than start from square one with 2GB on my account.

If you upgrade your account and then later downgrade, you'll go back to whatever storage you had prior to the upgrade, excluding any space that might have expired in that time (referring to time-limited bonuses from computer, mobile or software purchases, etc., and not camera uploads, referrals, etc.).

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?