cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In what circumstances can an account be disabled?

Highlighted

In what circumstances can an account be disabled?

New member | Level 2

What causes a dropbox account to become disabled? I have multiple dropbox accounts that I use either for personal, school, or work and one of them got disabled out of nowhere. I was able to access it one day and the next it would just say unable to sign in, account was disabled. What could have caused this and is there any way I can get at least my files back? It seems ridiculous how they can just disable an account without prior warning so you can recover your data.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Account Disabled

Super User II

Inactivity, TOS violations, etc. The only way to know will be to contact Support directly. No one here will be able to asist you as it will require detailed information which you shouldn't post here.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Account Disabled

Super User II

Inactivity, TOS violations, etc. The only way to know will be to contact Support directly. No one here will be able to asist you as it will require detailed information which you shouldn't post here.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?