cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive account

Inactive account

Obachan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, i have an old account and I think my last activity on that account was 2019. I can no longer sign in because I forgot my password, also there is no way for me to reset my password since the email address that was connected to my old dropbox was already deleted on google. I just want a clear answer, since i was inactive on my old dropbox account for almost 2 years, did you manage to delete my account and all my files? Please i need answers. Thank you so much

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox delete accounts after 12 months of inactivity, so, yes it will have been deleted by now. 

Sorry 😞 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Dropbox delete accounts after 12 months of inactivity, so, yes it will have been deleted by now. 

Sorry 😞 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Obachan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you Mark for answering my question. i appreciate it! ☺️☺️

Shannongx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just find this app absolutely useless! what and why is the point saving your photo's and then because of an inactive account they have now been removed. 

might aswell remove the whole app.

all my memories have now gone because of this stupid silly small little app. 

no wonder people dont use this!!!!!!!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Accounts are only removed after 12 months of inactivity and after lots of warning emails to say they are going to do so - it doesnt just happen. 

Shannongx
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

so can you please advise the app i have on my phone - dropbox app, i havea  folder in that app with pictures from 2018-2019-2020-2021-2022 - they have all been removed ?!?!?!? 

NO EMAILS?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Shannongx wrote:

so can you please advise the app i have on my phone - dropbox app, i havea  folder in that app with pictures from 2018-2019-2020-2021-2022 - they have all been removed ?!?!?!?

As @Mark mentioned, if your account was inactive for more than a year then it would have been deleted due to inactivity. Even if it hadn't been deleted, you stated that you don't remember your password and no longer have access to the email address associated with the account. Because of that, there would be no way for you to sign in to the account even if it did still exist because you have no way to receive the reset information, which is only sent to the email associated with the account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Shannongx New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Obachan New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?