cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Incorrect payment charge

Incorrect payment charge

onered97
New member | Level 2

I have never subscribed to any plan on Dropbox, but why is it charging me monthly? How do I get the refund and what should I do? I have checked through the charge lookup tool with the 12 character alphanumeric transaction ID shown on my bank but the 4digits of my card and expired date do not match it. Could I get back the refund with the 12 character alphanumeric transaction ID? It has charged me for months. Please take action on it, thank you.

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

@onered97 wrote:

I have never subscribed to any plan on Dropbox, but why is it charging me monthly? How do I get the refund and what should I do?

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Dropbox cannot charge you if they don't have your billing information. If you've been charged and didn't give them your billing information, then someone else has and you should be contacting your bank.

onered97
New member | Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the mentioned link, and I have not provided my bank information to anyone else. I have the monthly transaction IDs from Dropbox. Based on these IDs, can Dropbox find out which account these payments are used for? And if possible, can Dropbox stop this account?

Thank you.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @onered97, I hope you're doing well! 

I'd be more than happy to see what I can do to help. 

Would you mind if I reach out to you via email, so we can have a closer look together? 

Let me know! 

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

onered97
New member | Level 2

Yes please, may I ask that how can I reach you via my email?

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi, @onered97

I just sent you an email.

Reply back as soon as possible, and I'll see you there. 

Cheers!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

onered97
New member | Level 2

Noted and I will reply you with email.

Thank you!

Need more support?