cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Individual Plan Pricing

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Perhaps this is a silly question but there seems to be a discrepancy on the pricing page. It initially states that the cost for an individual plan is $8.25/mo but then when I choose that plan it changes to $9.99/mo. I reached out on the chat feature to Dropbox Business and "Blake" assured me that it is $8.25/mo if purchasing the annual plan. However, when I went ahead and did that it told me it would be $9.99/mo annually. I realize the difference in cost is minor but I am more upset about the lack of customer support. After I voiced my concern to Blake about the discrepancy in price still, he told me to check out the support page because he could not assist me as this wasn't a business account question. So I did. And found no help there either other than the option to tweet at Dropbox for help or email them. When I tried the email option it wanted me to put my payment info in which was completely irrelavant to my question! When I told Blake that this was lousy customer service he abruptly ended the chat and the page transferred me back to the help page. I then called the sales phone number hoping I could speak to an actual person and after selecting some transfer number was met with a short robot quip and then hung up on. I am so upset and will seriously consider taking my business elsewhere. What a waste of time the past 20 minutes have been trying to sort out something that should have been so simple. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Individual Plan Pricing

Super User II
Super User II
It is $8.25 per month if paid in bulk and in one go - $99 divided by 12 is $8.25.

If you do not want to pay in one go then you pay $9.99 per month.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
It is $8.25 per month if paid in bulk and in one go - $99 divided by 12 is $8.25.

If you do not want to pay in one go then you pay $9.99 per month.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

The pricing for monthly payments is $9.99/month, or you can pay a yearly rate of $99, which would average out to $8.25/month. That math is generally used to display the savings of paying for a year at a time. Apologies for the confusion. 

-Rob

@narahman2 wrote:

Perhaps this is a silly question but there seems to be a discrepancy on the pricing page. It initially states that the cost for an individual plan is $8.25/mo but then when I choose that plan it changes to $9.99/mo. I reached out on the chat feature to Dropbox Business and "Blake" assured me that it is $8.25/mo if purchasing the annual plan. However, when I went ahead and did that it told me it would be $9.99/mo annually. I realize the difference in cost is minor but I am more upset about the lack of customer support. After I voiced my concern to Blake about the discrepancy in price still, he told me to check out the support page because he could not assist me as this wasn't a business account question. So I did. And found no help there either other than the option to tweet at Dropbox for help or email them. When I tried the email option it wanted me to put my payment info in which was completely irrelavant to my question! When I told Blake that this was lousy customer service he abruptly ended the chat and the page transferred me back to the help page. I then called the sales phone number hoping I could speak to an actual person and after selecting some transfer number was met with a short robot quip and then hung up on. I am so upset and will seriously consider taking my business elsewhere. What a waste of time the past 20 minutes have been trying to sort out something that should have been so simple. 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I need unlimided space and I am the only user on the account , I think Business Advanced is what I want  so it is listed as 27.50  per user ( minimum 3 users) so how much am I paying permonth?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?