cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Email Or Password - Login issue

Invalid Email Or Password - Login issue

Tu R.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

My team has dropbox downloaded on several devices. Mobiles & Tablets: both IOS and Android. Computers: Mac and PC - yet for some reason we cannot go online (tried most browsers) and access the dropbox account online. I manage the account and have not changed the password, so why do we all get the "Invalid Email or password" message? - And yes - I have cleared history.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Hi Rainbear,

Are you using a recent version of Dropbox? www.dropbox.com/downloading

Does Dropbox give you any errors when it fails?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there,

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Rikki R.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am facing the similar issue.. Getting error "Username Invalid or Incorrect" while trying to login via my Laptop. Last time I logged in to Drop box was through my Tab since then I am facing this issue. Can someone give me the solution for this..

Steven B.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am having this issue as well. Any guidance Ed?

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Rikki, Steven

Are you trying to login on the desktop or website? I'm assuming desktop (as you're currently logged in to post on the Forum). 

If web - can you try it on a diff browser?

If on desktop - which version are you running? 

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Martin L.27
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I haven't changed my password for awhile, it works on the laptop but not my Android phone.  Error message says wrong username or password.  The username and password entered is definitely correct.  I see this issue still hasn't been resolved.

Rainbear
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also having an issue logging into the Dropbox App for Mac on 10.12.4. I can sign into the webpage just fine. The webpage will prompt me for my 2factor authentication from the Google Authenticator, but the app just takes my login and password and fails every time. Help!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Hi Rainbear,

Are you using a recent version of Dropbox? www.dropbox.com/downloading

Does Dropbox give you any errors when it fails?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rainbear
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Redownloaded it today (but yes, I had downloaded it when I posted the comment), and now it's working. Thanks! 🙂

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Rainbear

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Warm regards, 
JaneA 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Martin L.27 New member | Level 1
    Ed Dropbox Staff
    Steven B.2 New member | Level 1
    Rikki R. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?