cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is It Possible to Link Multiple Business Accounts to Personal Account

Highlighted

Is It Possible to Link Multiple Business Accounts to Personal Account

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I'm a freelance consultant working with multple clients. I have two clients that have me as a member of their Dropbox Business teams. I'd like to have both Business accounts linked to my Dropbox Personal account so I have local folder access (rather than web-based) to the Businsess accounts.

Is this possible? Or is my only option to create two Personal accounts, link one Personal account to each of the Business/team accounts? Hoping that there's another solution and I wouldn't be stuck in a loop of login/logout and resyncing files over and over again.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Is It Possible to Link Multiple Business Accounts to Personal Account

Dropboxer

Hi there @corysed, thanks for checking in with us. 

Currently, it's possible to link one work (Business) account with one personal (Basic/Plus/Professional) account. 

In general, for multiple (individual or team) accounts, you'll have to log out of one and sign in to the other. 

You can check out more info on this here

Hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi, @Lusil, so what would my approach be for accessing both Business accounts locally on my desktop and laptop? (as opposed to the browser-based interface)

Do I link neither Business account to my Personal account? Do I setup two Personal accounts and link one Personal account to each Business account?

My end goal is that I want to maintain local O.S.-level (not web-brower) access to both Business accounts that I'm a member of.

Thank you for your help! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

If you want to make sure that your files are syncing and up to date, you can create one more user profile on your computer.

That way, you can have one work account linked with your personal one on one profile, and have the second Business account syncing on your second user profile. 

You can also check out this thread and this one where this has previously been talked about. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, @corysed!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?