cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Jana Dammer used as the German versions of Jane Doe?

Highlighted

Is Jana Dammer used as the German versions of Jane Doe?

Explorer | Level 4

Is "Jana Dammer" used in German version of Dropbox forms as a placeholder name, equivalent to "Jane Doe"?

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Is Jana Dammer used as the German versions of Jane Doe?

Dropboxer

Hey @Mac2, I hope you're having a good day so far!

I'm just checking on this for you as I haven't personally used Dropbox in German before. I'll be back with an update as soon as possible for you.

Out of curiosity, are you using Dropbox in German? Would you mind letting me know where you've seen this?

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Is Jana Dammer used as the German versions of Jane Doe?

Explorer | Level 4

Daphne,

Glad that you are looking into this for me.

No, I don't use Dropbox in German, but I have a German colleague to whom I sent a Dropbox link to a file.

He wrote:
"When opening the dropbox, there was yet a name filled into the form, which I could'nt cancel: a women called Jana Dammer. I don't know who that is, maybe a fake personality, but I'm fearing there went something wrong inside the web, which could threaten my safety. According to her facebook site (only the first page; I'm not on facebook)..."

When I went to my "sent" email to him and clicked on the link a form came up inviting me to join Dropbox (which I did years ago), and the form had surname "Doe", first name "Jane" as placeholders.

So I'm guessing that the German form he would have seen had Jana Dammer, and that this is a placeholder name, not a real person with a Facebook page.

However, I can find nothing to indicate that Jana Dammer is a German placeholder name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_placeholder_names_by_language#German

Turns out that placeholder names is an interesting subject. NewZealanders refer to a place called "Why Kick a Moo-Cow", Waikikamukau, the place Australians call Woopwoop, where Mrs Kuffoops lives, next door to Karen.

Best wishes,

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?