cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Syncing Speed Based on Account Type?

Highlighted

Is Syncing Speed Based on Account Type?

New member | Level 2

I have noticed significant difference in the performance of the free account and other accounts, yet am unable to find any literature on the speed promises from Dropbox. I am prepared to pay for an account as I find your service beneficial, yet I find your marketing loose, generic and slippery. As an example, you make no mention of speed in your account outlines and I have yet to read anything on your Ethics... only your terms. I also searched for a more discreet and direct way of providing these thoughts to you and at no point found a way to send an email and was finally brought here - yet at one point I believed that I would be emailing someone..... I suppose the way I clicked was less important.... I wonder if I clicked on Media or Sales where I would have wound up. Looking at your Plans and Pricing page you have Priority Email Support - I assume that simply means Email Support as there is no priority to how you answer any emails for support unless you have a paid account. Which makes sense as support via email is more expensive than a chatbot. But why don't you just say that? Tell the truth.... People cost more than robots..... because people are more valuable than robots.............. oh wait. Only if they can do what robots can't do....... then people are more valuable than robots - when they can do what robots can't do. 

So.... I want to pay for an account..... yet I want the best performance and I don't see anywhere what your performance promises are and would like to know that before purchasing. At the same time... I would also like to understand your ethics as we view the content that we are storing on your platform to be valuable, and we must plan for redundancy in the event your systems have vulnerabilities in ethical areas. 

Kindly advise how I can properly ask more questions about your business... I appreciate your time in reading this and for replying. 

thank you,

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Speed Based on Account Type

Super User II

@Ian_Barnett wrote:

... I want the best performance and I don't see anywhere what your performance promises are and would like to know that before purchasing.

There are no performance guarantees, and there are no differences in performance between the account types. Dropbox does not limit speeds (or provide increased speeds) based on your account type.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?