cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is anyone else furious at the upgrade to 2TB and extra $60 a year without consent?

Highlighted

Re: Is anyone else furious at the upgrade to 2TB and extra $60 a year without consent?

Collaborator | Level 9

I am also only using a percentage of my current plan (although more than the free plan). Dropbox does have an advantage that it just 'works' on linux, windows and android - athough looking at pcloud it does seem to support that which is _very_ interesting.

Interestingly support were 'not allowed' / 'not permitted' to contact senior management ( I quote ), and could only pass on a message to engineers. Who might, or might not pass it on to management. Essentially I suspect everyone complaining on this forum is not being heard by management,

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

management might not see this forum, but they will definitely see a bunch of the users leaving Dropbox

Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

@Nick C.2pCloud is fine Yes . About allowed/not allowed: did You ever talk to engineer here (not management)?

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 9

Only spoke to support on chat. Not directly to engineering or to anyone else.

I have seen this announced on the computing news sites - I don't know whether anyone has tried to contact those respective sites about people leaving?

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Yes, I am furious too.

The recent DB email was a lovely upbeat one to tell me they are giving me extra storage I don't need, and extra features I will never use, none of which I requested nor wanted, and for all this they are charging me $$$ a year more with no other options? Take it or leave it.

Even the responses to some of the comments below get steam rising from me. "Please do note that for the moment, you will still be on the same pricing until your next renewal date. This means that you will be able to use all the new features of the Dropbox Plus subscription with no difference in your latest renewal’s pricing." Oh, you mean the ones we just told you we don't want and don't need, and for which you are giving us no options?  It is the patent disregard for the account holder, the bullying tactics of this move that are so anger-inducing. 

This is a response to requests you say? I was never asked what I would want. Indeed, I have communicated to DB before that there is a whole untapped market of small-use professionals - teachers, editors and accountants, for example, who would use a lower-scale plan placed somewhere between the free and Plus accounts. Rather than catering to them, let's make an account less accessible and less suited to their needs.

I also am investigating transfer of my data to other sources. 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Sadly Google Drive really stuffs up formatting of Word files. We are forced to use it  for work and it is a nightmare in that way. Other options might suit you better.

Helpful | Level 5

I too am aggrieved by this change. But the sad reality is:

(1)  It's clearly within their terms of service to make a change just like this with due warning.

(2)  This blowback is COMPLETELY expected within this tiny community and will pose no real harm to Dropbox unless it somehow jumps the shark and gets out to the wider Dropbox community which it most probably won't. This is hardly dramatic enough an issue to get into mainstream media.

Company raises price = some customers walk away vs company makes more revenue

I too have the last 10 years of my life stuffed into Dropbox, including daily bills and accounts, etc. Walking away is hard!

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 7

1) im not sure anyone is aruging if they CAN do it but whether they SHOULD do it.

2) I bet each one of us represents a lot of others who arent here.

Moving isnt that hard.  You just copy from one folder to another.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I've just investigated OneDrive. I've resisted paying for the Office 365 subscription for a few years, but paying that $100 gives me 1TB of coud storage plus all upgrades for Office suite, so it's a win-win. I have the trial version free for the month before DB account is payable, so I am currently trying it out.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Well, with over 800GB stored with dropbox, “just copy one folder to another“ will take a long time, but that’s not enough to deter me.

It’s not easy to find a cloud product that does file sync as well as dropbox

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?