cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing

Re: I don't want 2TB.

jonohca1
Explorer | Level 3

I am newbie to this forum and for what it's worth, my experience in subscribing to online services (e.g Spotify, I hope i don't get into trouble for mentioning the specific name of the service provider by name) is to opt for a Family Plan where posiible, which I feel is better value for money as the service can be shared with other members (family or friends). As far as I know from past experience, the number of members is often more than 3 (about  5 or 6 depending on the particular vendor) which makes the the more expensive family plan imore palatabe, in my humble opinion.
In your case the additional 1TB can be shared amongst other members of your plan. You may consider creating a new user ID for the additional members so you are able to monitor the usage of the 2TB by others since you will be the Admin of your account. Only Admin can send invites for others to accept as part of your "family", in this way you have control and can remove any member at anytime without notice or getting their consent to remove their seat.
{Hint: In some cases the additonal members may need to have the same address as the Admin to show that you are all in the same family, is what I have found sometimes}
Hope that this helps in some way. Cheers and good luck!

Re: Is anyone else furious at the upgrade to 2TB and extra $60 a year without consent?

_Kike_
New member | Level 2

I would be more than happy if only i had the chance to choose a 0.99€ plan for 50GB as Apple actually offers for iCloud. I always thought the aim is always offer more possibilities to customers to expand your bussiness, you can offer new plans without forcing people to pay for things they are not going to use. The fact is that is that those new additions are almost useless for the majority of the users, if not was the case, they will pay for them once the tryed them, and that is obviously the case, so the company needs to force every body to adopt the new plans using that new useless 'features' to justify the increase in the price.

Lalalalala
New member | Level 2
Onedrive is the best so far for now

Re: Is anyone else furious at the upgrade to 2TB and extra $60 a year without consent?

OutragedByDreamGouging
New member | Level 2

I am disgusted and will be leaving the platform. Yes it will be annoying to have to work around this, but I am outraged by the blatant price gouging. %£&! you Dropbox. I am outta here.

Caraoji
New member | Level 2

I wouldn't say furious, but I was finally willing to upgrade from basic and the cheapest option is 2TB, which is not very practical. They should have more tiers for people that really only need lighter storage and not interested in photos and videos and such. It is making me consider the other options I use that have larger basic "free" storage. Will see, Dropbox is very functional. 

OutragedByDreamGouging
New member | Level 2

I'm only replying because there is no option to unlike your post. Super user... Is that like being an influencer on Instagram, except you hang out on Dropbox threads?

Pricing

Kalderon
New member | Level 2
I think you should highlight your prices on all upgrade options & not just the 30 day free trial.

Also it would be welcomed if you could reply quicker to all correspondence.

Covid has presented many a challenge to all but in the same instances businesses & individuals have adapted with speed of response.

Please look into this.

DJreverb
New member | Level 2

Yes I am so I did what they suggested and cancelled.

I'm now with OneDrive which is cheaper and comes with the 1TB option and Office 365 thrown in.

What are DropBox thinking?

How many more customers are they going to lose?

DJreverb
New member | Level 2

Now with OneDrive which has the only 'Addons' that I need (Office 365).

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?