cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is installing the desktop app on a computer needed to receive the extra space for referrals?

Highlighted

Is installing the desktop app on a computer needed to receive the extra space for referrals?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I sent today 2 invitations by mail. Both of them made an DB account, and installed it in the smartphone. Both have not a Computer, only a smartphone. I didn´t get free space, I think because they doesn´t install DB in the Computer. But they use this in the Smartphone, why I don´t get the space? In this time, not all the people have a Computer, a lot of have only a phone, is logical to get too the free space with this.

Can I make something?

Thanks

piru

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Is installing the desktop app on a computer needed to receive the extra space for referrals?

Dropboxer

Hi @piru; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

I'm afraid I can't think of something as you're correct on your assumption that you won't receive the extra space from a referral of yours unless they install the desktop app on a unique computer and verify their email address with us. 

I hope this clears things up and let me know if you have any more questions Piru. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Is installing the desktop app on a computer needed to receive the extra space for referrals?

Explorer | Level 3

Hi @Walter, thanks for your answer.

Both of them verified their email address with DB. They cannot install desktop App because they have not a computer, only a Phone. But they installed DB in the Phone.

It means for me, DB is classist and discriminate people who don't have a computer, although in current times it is quite normal to have a phone and a tablet and not have a computer (for a lot of people)

Both of them use Dropbox because I have to share information with them.

They have a DB user, from my referals. This is, in my opinion, very unfair.

Best regards

piru

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?