cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to backup external hard drives with the Advanced Business Plan?

Is it possible to backup external hard drives with the Advanced Business Plan?

Marianillo
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have been thinking to upgrade to a paid account of Dropbox for a long time, but I haven't taken the step because it didn't meet all of my "demands". Those would be:

- Sync the whole computer

- Have an extra copy of all my external hard drives (around 6TB and growing).

But recently I found out that Dropbox can make backups of external hard drives (https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/sync-uploads/external-drive)

This made think that now Dropbox could be a game changer for me. But it seems that the external hard drive backup is not available for tha Advanced Business Plan, is that so?

If not, is there a possibility to have a Plus account and add the extra storage for external drive backup?

Thank you,

marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it possible to backup external hard drives with the Advanced Business Plan?

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @Marianillo, I'd be happy to answer this for you! 

You're right, the external hard drive backup feature isn't available on our Business plans at the moment. 

Unfortunately, our personal plans come with a specific amount of quota, and extra space can't be added to them.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Is it possible to backup external hard drives with the Advanced Business Plan?

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @Marianillo, I'd be happy to answer this for you! 

You're right, the external hard drive backup feature isn't available on our Business plans at the moment. 

Unfortunately, our personal plans come with a specific amount of quota, and extra space can't be added to them.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?