Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is it possible to merge two upgraded accounts & all the files into a single account?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have 2 Dropbox accounts on 2 different computers and now I have files all over the place.  I am also being charged for 2 accounts.  How can I merge the 2 accounts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Merging 2 accounts

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Mol2019, kindly note that you should easily be able to combine the contents of both accounts together by sharing all the files and folders from one account to another following the steps outlined here

That said, could you navigate on your Plan page on your account online & let me know whether the paid subscriptions are annual or monthly? I’m asking so, as there’s some decision-making along the way. If either account is on a monthly subscription, you could cancel its renewal & continue working on the second account that’s got the annual plan attached to it. If that’s not the case, can you let me know a bit more detail about your current situation if possible? 

Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting to clarify matters; I’m looking forward to hearing back from you & I’ll do my best to further advise on the best next steps! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Merging 2 accounts

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Mol2019, kindly note that you should easily be able to combine the contents of both accounts together by sharing all the files and folders from one account to another following the steps outlined here

That said, could you navigate on your Plan page on your account online & let me know whether the paid subscriptions are annual or monthly? I’m asking so, as there’s some decision-making along the way. If either account is on a monthly subscription, you could cancel its renewal & continue working on the second account that’s got the annual plan attached to it. If that’s not the case, can you let me know a bit more detail about your current situation if possible? 

Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting to clarify matters; I’m looking forward to hearing back from you & I’ll do my best to further advise on the best next steps! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?