cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is no-reply@dropboxmail.com a legitimate Dropbox email domain?

Explorer | Level 3

I received an email from the above address telling me my account would be deleted in 90 days if I didn’t log in. The email had a link to log in which redirected me to a site where I then inputted my password (bad idea I know). After searching around a bit it seems the email was probably legit, considering the official domain used and reports of other people getting the same email, but I was just wondering if anyone had any more info or if I have a reason to be concerned? I’ve since changed the passwords of the gmail account connected to the dropbox account I inputted the password for and any related gmail accounts, and deleted the dropbox account associated with it as I no longer needed it anyway.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Is no-reply@dropboxmail.com a legitimate Dropbox email domain?

Super User II
Super User II

Yes, that's a valid email address and domain name used by Dropbox. That being said, there's nothing that would prevent someone from spoofing the address and using it for nefarious purposes. Be mindful of what you click, even when you believe the source to be genuine.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Yes, that's a valid email address and domain name used by Dropbox. That being said, there's nothing that would prevent someone from spoofing the address and using it for nefarious purposes. Be mindful of what you click, even when you believe the source to be genuine.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Do I need to take any further action?
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

I'd check your Security page and make sure there are no unknown devices or active web sessions that you don't recognize. Of couse, since you deleted your account, that won't be much of a concern.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
So, since I deleted my account I should be okay?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?