cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a storage plan for 3TB?

Is there a storage plan for 3TB?

DiVe
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Not sure if this is the right location to put my question.

I am actualy looking for a storage plan for a capacity of +/- 3TB.

Files are mostly pictures (RAW files), and backup of my Lightroom library.

No need to add other users or teams, just for individual use.

What plan would you recommend ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @DiVe, thanks for joining the Community!

The Dropbox Professional plan does offer 3 TB of quota for a personal plan for one user only.

You can read up more about it here if you need any further details.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @DiVe, thanks for joining the Community!

The Dropbox Professional plan does offer 3 TB of quota for a personal plan for one user only.

You can read up more about it here if you need any further details.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

MikeWWW
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've tried to get the Dropbox Plus 3TB option as my 2TB plan is full. Unfortunately because I was subscribing through GooglePlay there is no upgrade option, even though my account plan page says "You purchased Dropbox Plus through Google Play. To make changes to your subscription, visit the Google Play Store." 

I've gone to support who unsubscribed me from Google Play and told me to go to the Sales team at https://experience.dropbox.com/contact

I filled in the contact form and got an email back saying

" This is an automated response, letting you know you've contacted Dropbox Sales rather than Support. We have plenty of resources available that will be able to answer your questions. For immediate support, visit our Help Center or contact our support team directly. They will be able to assist you further. "

So I've gone full circle. Even if I try to purchase a new plan directly, it just sends me back to https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan and the go to Google Play instruction.

I've had multiple "Don't Go! Please Resubscribe" emails from DropBox but not a single one of them offers me a path to do anything than pay for a storage plan that is already full. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @MikeWWW, thanks for the nudge here. 

When did you cancel your Dropbox Plus subscription? I mean, has the account been downgraded to the free version yet?

To upgrade to any other plan directly through our site, your Google Play subscription needs to end and the account needs to be downgraded.

You can check your plan page, to see if you're on the free Basic version, or if you still have a few days left on your Plus plan.

Once you're downgraded, you'll be able to re-upgrade from this page.

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

MikeWWW
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I have three days left, but I have a backlog of content I need to upload before then.

"To upgrade to any other plan directly through our site, your Google Play subscription needs to end and the account needs to be downgraded." Why is this not communicated on ANY of the messages and status from Dropbox?
This could also have been a waay longer wait to be eligible for more storage. Dropbox seems to be shooting itself in the foot by not allowing upgrades at any time (on top of the support loops I've gone through over the past two days.

"You can check your plan page, to see if you're on the free Basic version, or if you still have a few days left on your Plus plan." The Plan page doesn't give me that information. It simply refers me to Google play, which has zero information.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @MikeWWW, we appreciate your feedback on this matter regarding the mobile subscriptions.

You should be able to see more info about the subscription on the payments page. You can also check your Google Play subscriptions by following these steps.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

MikeWWW
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you but that information does not help me upgrade my storage now. The only options to "change a subscription"on Google Play are Cancel or Resubscribe (to a full storage account). 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Yes, it isn't possible to cancel a subscription immediately in order to upgrade to a Dropbox Professional plan, if you upgraded via the mobile app.

The only option would be to wait until the plan downgrades before you can upgrade on the site, as my colleague suggested.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

MikeWWW
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

That is not a real option. I am not trying to change to Dropbox Pro, but to simply change my Dropbox Plus to the 3TB option.

If I am stuck with a full account until my subscription ends, while I need to upload files,  it will be faster to migrate to OneDrive or Google Drive. At least I won't be going around in circles for days.

KevinBlue28
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The 3TB is only on Dropbox Pro.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KevinBlue28 Explorer | Level 4
    MikeWWW Helpful | Level 5
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?