cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to recover a deleted account?

Reactivate Old Deleted Account

harahachibuu
New member | Level 2

Hi, I am trying to activate/login into an account which I have not accessed in over a year. It seems that dropbox has deleted the account altogether. Is there any way I can reactive this account? I do have files on there which I want to recover. Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated!

Re: Reactivate Old Deleted Account

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @harahachibuu, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I moved your post to this thread where other users have expressed a similar concern. 

When you get the chance, have a look at what is mentioned and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

recover deleted files

imurhuckleberry5
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I need to recover my dropbox from about 4 months ago.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

Re: recover deleted files

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @imurhuckleberry5, thanks for reaching out to us.

I've moved your post here where other users have also asked something similar. 

As mentioned here, although there's not much that we can offer, you can reach out to our Support team to see if there's anything we could possibly do from our side to assist.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

I'm trying to restore my account, but I'm not receiving the email to reset the password. Any clues?

Dilaila86
New member | Level 2

I'm trying to restore my dropbox account, I did all the procedures, but I never received the e-mail to change my password. What else can I do, to restore the account.

Re: Restore a dropbox account

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @Dilaila86, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Could you clarify if you're trying to recover a previously active account that you deleted or one that was inactive for an extended period of time? 

Also, as advised previously on this thread, due to account-specific information that'd be necessary to further investigate, I'd recommend submitting a ticket to our Support team.

If you already have a ticket though, could you let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) associated with it? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Re: Deleted Files on pc

Frederikke D-B
New member | Level 2

I by accident deleted my Dropbox account this morning and afterwards it seemed to have deleted all the files on my Mac, too.

Now my desk top is all empty(my computer says it does'nt even exist) and I have NOTHING left.

I have my Dropbox account back now but of course it's empty and I'm in the middle of exams - WHAT TO DO???!!

Regards,

Frederikke

want to reopen my closed account

navneet7717
New member | Level 2

i want to reopen my closed account

kindly help 

Re: want to reopen my closed account

Mark
Super User II

You cant I'm afraid. 

As you are yold when you close it (or via email if Dropbox closes it) that this is permanent.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Deleted Files on pc

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi @Frederikke D-B, I moved your post here where other users have had a similar concern. 

Have a look at what is mentioned and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    Sharl New member | Level 2
    Sanchez Dropboxer
    taliabeninson New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?