cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to turn off the email notifications of when someone joins a shared folder?

Is there a way to turn off the email notifications of when someone joins a shared folder?

Chris B.83
New member | Level 1

Is there a way to turn off the email notifications of when someone joins a shared folder? I have a shared folder that many people (possibly 500) have access to (or will have access to when they join). Is there a way to stop the emails from notifying me every time someone joins the folder? This is really annoying when it happens every 2 minutes or at odd hours in the night. Thanks

19 Replies 19

Re: Is there a way to turn off the email notifications of when someone joins a shared folder?

Ed
Dropboxer

Hi there

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Is there a way to turn off the email notifications of when someone joins a shared folder?

Jane N.1
New member | Level 1

We are also facing this issue.  Is there any way to stop these e-mail notifications?  I don't see any proper setting to stop these in Account page.

Elaine R.7
New member | Level 1

I would also like to know.

Elizabeth H.2
New member | Level 1

I have the same problem with getting emails when people make changes to a shared folder. way too much information about tiny changes.

Terry S.18
New member | Level 1

I have the same problem. I don't want an email every time someone comments on a file.

Frank L.15
New member | Level 1

I would like the opposite to happen.  I would like the e-mail notifications when someone joins a shared folder.

And I was getting them until about a week ago and then they stopped.  I tried to find information on this in the Settings and the Forums and this link was the only one I was able to find. 

Thanks in Advance

Jeff P.4
New member | Level 1

Frank, I am in the same boat and don't understand why I am not getting email notifications when someone accepts a shared folder invite, or that they joined a shared folder.  It's helpful information to know who received what.  

Has anyone else noticed this, and can anyone at Dropbox respond to this issue?

Frank L.15
New member | Level 1

Jeff....FWIW I also sent an e-mail to Dropbox on 6/12 and haven't received a response yet.  There has also been other weird things happening to my account such as my contacts that I frequently use being deleted or disappearing.  

These issues were never the case and my account was stable....now it seems like when I use it...I find an issue.  

Jeff P.4
New member | Level 1

I just noticed that I have the same issue as Frank; my contacts are no longer appearing automatically when I type in email addresses with whom I am sharing files.

On another Dropbox subject, I have experienced numerous files being randomly deleted when I re-start my computer.  Fortunately, Dropbox sends an email saying, "we noticed that you recently deleted a large number of files from your Dropbox."  Then I have a way of restoring those files, but it's time-consuming to do so and a bit disconcerting to have this happen.

Anyone else having any of these issues?

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Eve W. New member | Level 1
    Natalie O. New member | Level 1
    Marcie D. New member | Level 1
    Jeff P.4 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?