cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this scam? Payment request not processed and now I am donwgraded

Is this scam? Payment request not processed and now I am donwgraded

Tim E
New member | Level 2

I received an email that my payment could not be processed. That was understandable, since the payment last year was aroud the same time. therefore I processed it manually from a correct bank-account (the other one was not working anymore).

However, if I look in my dropbox account, I don't see the payment processed + my account was downgraded.

I immediately looked at the receiving back account (beginning with: NL51ABNA05656XXXXX) and noticed that more people on google mentioned the back account number with suspicious activity, though it is sometimes hard to tell from google what is true or not.

I like to get in contact with Dropbox billing so I can solve this. Because if it was spam I have to get my money back. Plus, I like to restore my 2 TB box !

1 Reply 1

Re: Is this scam? Payment request not processed and now I am donwgraded

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Tim E, thanks for messaging the Community!

As you mentioned your account has been downgraded already, you'll need to re-upgrade to your paid plan since the payment details wouldn't be on the system any longer. 

You can do this via the site directly or your mobile app.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?