cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with credit card and continuing to use Plus plan

Issue with credit card and continuing to use Plus plan

Ana Ska
Explorer | Level 3

I waste lot of time to find how to submit a help request and at the end it was not working. Why is it so hard to contact custumer support when having a real issue?

this is what i need help with:

the scheduled annual payment couldn't bill my card because my card was not active, i had problems with my payoneer card. I resolve the issue with my payoneer card few days ago and now the card is working. Unfortunately dropbox is not accepting the same card, it says that it tried many times to bill it and is not working. I have no other card to pay with and this is my only option at the moment. 

I have been using dropbox plus for many years. Now my account is downgraded to basic. I have many files that i dont want to lose. Please help me resolve the issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issue with credit card and continuing to use Plus plan

Jay
Dropboxer
Dropbox doesn't delete your files if your account is downgraded, for any reason. 

All that will happen is that the account will stop syncing any changes, assuming it's currently overquota.

You'll still be able to delete files from your account, but any new files or edits won't sync.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Ana Ska, thanks for joining the Community!

I understand your frustration over this billing matter.

As the account has downgraded to the Basic plan as you stated, you'll need to re-upgrade from the site itself to the Dropbox Plus plan.

If you're still getting an error message, any screenshots (without personal information) would be helpful!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Ana Ska
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you very much for your answer.

It seams that the problem is again in the payoneer card. 

How many days will my files remain on my dropbox account after the downgrading from Plus to Basic?

Thank you once again. 

Jay
Dropboxer
Dropbox doesn't delete your files if your account is downgraded, for any reason. 

All that will happen is that the account will stop syncing any changes, assuming it's currently overquota.

You'll still be able to delete files from your account, but any new files or edits won't sync.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?