cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Leaving a Dropbox Team

Highlighted
New member | Level 2

I used to have Dropbox Business for my consulting business, which had ALL of my work for various clients. One client recently invited me to their Business Team; I accepted not understanding that it would cannibalize my existing Business Account and make me a Team Member on their account vs the admin of my own business account. When I let them know that I only needed access to several folders, not the entire business account, they deleted my account - but then I could not log back in at all or access any of my work for other clients. They reinstated me so I could log back in to figure this out and get my assets. How do I leave their Business account and transition back to my OWN business account? It seems like when they delete my account, I can't even use that email address anymore. I don't want to create a personal account alongside their business account - I simply want to leave their business account and go back to my own.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Issues Leaving a Dropbox Team

Dropboxer

Hi @stephanieamberg; welcome to our Community and happy Friday!

To keep things short, in this case, you'll need to reach out to the admin of the team account you're a part of and ask them to convert your account back to an individual one following the steps from our dedicated guide below:

I hope this helps Stephanie. Please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?