cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Dropbox support for locating another account charged to the credit card

Issues with Dropbox support for locating another account charged to the credit card

BUSYBOX
New member | Level 2

Hi everyone,

I ended up on this forum ( with my personal free account) since i could not find any contact link or phone nr to contact drobox .

The issue that have is that i have multiple accounts that charges the same credit card and recently a new charge from drobox was detected.

Since i do not have any idea on witch account this charge is applied from ? ( i need the username or email in order to verify who is using this account ), i tried to contact dropbox support with no success as you need to login first with the account in order to contact support ( pretty crazy )

I have the credit card charge with the amount and the 12 digit id. I tried it on the help app on dropbox support website where you have to put the last 4 digits from the credit card and the expiration date in order to locate the account itself but the tool is buggy at best and continuously ask for the last digits and exp date even if i provide it by giving an error every time  .

I need to speak with a support team in order to fix this issue  or we will have to do a chargeback ( i see no other option since dropbox apparently do not want to make it easy to contact them)

Please advise the best posible way to deal with this burocracy loop

1 Reply 1

Re: Issues with Dropbox support for locating another account charged to the credit card

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @BUSYBOX, I hope your Friday is going well.

I'd be happy to help you locate those charges via email. This is why I've contacted you via the email address associated with your community profile, so we can look into it.

Thank you.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?