Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

It sucks that there arent more messures against someone creating an account with someone elses email

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Someone signed up for Dropbox using my email, they do not have access to the email so they couldnt confirm it, the fact that they could still have used the account with only small limitations in features without confirming the email baffles me. And the only thing i could do was request a password reset and then manually log out the device he/she was using. As Dropbox is not something i want to use im gonna delete the account, just thought i should point out the flaw in registering with an unconfirmed email
4 Replies 4

Re: It sucks that there arent more messures against someone creating an account with someone elses e

Collaborator | Level 10

Dont delete the account. Just leave it empty and dont come back. then no one can use the email address again.

Highlighted

Re: It sucks that there arent more messures against someone creating an account with someone elses e

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
True ill probably do that.
The fact that you can creat an account and utilise most free features by entering a random (valid and not already registered) email with no way to verify it seems pretty stupid tho.
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Server_Align wrote:

Dont delete the account. Just leave it empty and dont come back. then no one can use the email address again.

That's only accurate so long as the account remains active. If it's left inactive for an extended period, the account will be deleted and a new one could again created with the same email address.

Highlighted

Collaborator | Level 10

@Rich wrote:

@Server_Align wrote:

That's only accurate so long as the account remains active. If it's left inactive for an extended period, the account will be deleted and a new one could again created with the same email address.

Oh well then thats another mark against dropbox for unprofessional handling, glad you pointed it out.

:-P

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?