cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Joined business team in error, now my account has been deleted

Joined business team in error, now my account has been deleted

crofter
Explorer | Level 3

Hi

I was invited to join a business team, which I assumed would create a shared folder in my own account. Instead all my files were moved into the business account and the admin was given access to the files which I did not want. When I asked him to take me out, my account got deleted. 

So having paid for Dropbox I now find the account has been deleted. How can I get it back, or open a new one and get my remaining subscription transferred, or get a refund for a new account?

All attempts to find a way of getting proper support by email or any other means have been exhausted so i'm trying this forum

6 Replies 6

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hey @crofter, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

Since the account was deleted, you would need to reach out to the admin of the team to see if they can restore your account and remove your account from the team correctly.

Could you also let me know the ticket number for your case with the Support team too, so that I can check on this from my side?

Out of curiosity, how long has it been since they removed you from the team?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

crofter
Explorer | Level 3
Hi Daphne thanks. I don't think the admin knows how to do any of these things. The company has only just signed up to a Dropbox for Business account. 

I don't know what the ticket number is because I couldn't log into my deleted account to raise one. 

It is very disappointing that accounts and files can be deleted without advising admins or account holders the consequence of their actions. 

The account deleted was under the name [email removed as per Community Guidelines]. It was deleted about nine hours ago.

Rich
Super User II

@crofter wrote:

Hi Daphne thanks. I don't think the admin knows how to do any of these things.

First, the team admin needs to restore your account. They only have seven days to do so before the account is gone for good.

After the account is restored, they need to convert it back to a personal account.

Note that if you were on a paid account prior to joining the business team, your subscription would have ended and any remaining balance would have been refunded back to the payment method you used to subscribe. Once your account is restored, you'll need to resubscribe.

crofter
Explorer | Level 3

There is no restore option and to my knowledge none of the actions suggested in the ‘what if I don’t see the restore’ section were carried out. Can I create a new member, transfer to them, and then transfer back to my original account? Or what?

crofter
Explorer | Level 3

I’ve just read your comment about a subscribed account. Yes mine was paid for. So would it be better for me to create a new paid for account, join the business account, transfer my files to it and the leave the business account?

Daphne
Dropboxer
Since they're not able to restore your account, did they already transfer your files to another account @crofter, or do they have the option to transfer the files?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?