cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping storage but changing email account

Highlighted

Keeping storage but changing email account

New member | Level 2

I accidentally upgraded my storage but to the wrong account. This account has been compromised (connected to Apple ID that has a bad bank account that I've had to take time to remove). I have another business email where I also have dropbox, but has less space. Is there a way to move the storage (2TB) over to a different Dropbox email account and integrate everything into one account, including moving the storage space limit over from the old email account (the current business account is on a different plan with less storage). How can I resolve this? 

Also, thanks Dropbox, iCloud was a pain to back up to on my laptop and PC and literally Dropbox was my only saving grace to not lose photos without having to spend hours and hours figuring out how to select photos or pay for another service just to do a simple move of files. 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Keeping storage but changing email account

Dropboxer

Hey @erinjerri, thanks for checking in with us! I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

In general, there's no option to transfer earned or upgraded space as it's tied to the account that has it.

However, if you've added the billing details of a bank account that you want to use, you can simply switch emails between your accounts, so that the upgraded account is associated with your work email. 

The other option is to:

1. Cancel the subscription of your upgraded account.
  2. Upgrade the account you want to use.
  3. Move the files from one account to the other

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?