cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave a business Dropbox

Leave a business Dropbox

claudiaG
New member | Level 2

By mistake I joing a business account with my already existing account. Now my dropbox has changed name and it doesn't feel mine anymore. All my files are still there but I'm not sure what the other people can or can't see. I'm a selfemployed and I share files all the time with varous business, I don't need and want for my dropbox to be part of someone else also considering that I'm already paying for an update from the basic plan. I tried to open a personal account with a differen email but the personal account is basic, transering all my files would take a lifetime and there would be no enought memory for all of then. Also why should I live my dropbox when I share with this business just a samll file and there are at least 20 other files that don't belong to them. This is the studiest think that Dropbox has done! how do I go back on how I was without moving all my files?

1 Reply 1

Re: Leave a business dropbox

Rich
Super User II

@claudiaG wrote:

By mistake I joing a business account with my already existing account. Now my dropbox has changed name and it doesn't feel mine anymore. All my files are still there but I'm not sure what the other people can or can't see.

Technically, it's not yours anymore. The account now belongs to the business and the Team Admin has the ability to sign in as you and access the files in your account.

I'm already paying for an update from the basic plan.

When you joined the business team, you received a prorated refund for any time remaining on your subscription. When your account is separated from the business, it will be a Basic account and you'll need to resubscribe again.

how do I go back on how I was without moving all my files?

You can't, at least not on your own. You need the team admin to convert your account back to an individual account. It's very important that they don't simply remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account and all files in it. If that happens, the admin would only have seven days to restore the account. They have to convert your account back to an individual account using the steps in the link above. When that's complete, you can resubscribe to a paid plan.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?