cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenovo introductory offer 30Gb setup failed

Lenovo introductory offer 30Gb setup failed

Tim555
Explorer | Level 3

On a new Lenovo laptop, I accepted the offer for extra free Dropbox Cloud storage space, 30 Gb I think. The install hung partway and I've not found a way of re-starting it. Subsequently I setup a new Dropbox account using this machine. I checked and it's showing Basic 2Gb cloud storage. How do I get it to recognise the Lenovo offer?

11 Replies 11

Re: Lenovo introductory offer 30Gb setup failed

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Tim555, thanks for contacting us!

Generally, the promotional offer should have been granted when using the pre-installed version of the Dropbox app.

Did you install a new version of the app from the site, and also create an account directly from the Dropbox site?

This will help me assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Tim555
Explorer | Level 3

Initially, when the 30Gb offer appeared on the screen, as I was setting-up my wife's new Lenovo, I checked the box to say that I already had a Dropbox account. This was a mistake, as I subsequently rembered that account had been cancelled because I hadn't used it. There didn't seem to be a way back from that error. I subsequently setup a new Basic Dropbox account, hoping that the 30Gb offer would re-appear. So far, it hasn't and I haven't found a way of getting the new laptop to offer it again. Any advice would be welcome, as I'm hoping to make better use of Dropbox this time. Thanks. Tim on behalf of Jacky.

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey @Tim555!

Could you please clarify, was the desktop app pre-installed on the computer, or did you download and install the app manually on the computer?

As Jay mentioned, the eligible devices for this promotion will have the app pre-installed already, and I see that you mentioned something about install hanging.

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Tim555
Explorer | Level 3

I think the full Dropbox application was pre-installed on the new laptop. When I tried to open the app, I was offered a 30Gb account. The process to set this up appeared to stall. I then went to the Dropbox website and setup a Basic 2Gb account, hoping I could then upgrade it to 30. Unfortunatley the 30Gb offer has not re-appeared.

Tim555

Tim555
Explorer | Level 3

Did you get my answer to your question about Dropbox on the new Lenovo laptop?. I was hoping you could upgrade me from 2Gb to 30Gb. Let me know if you need more information.

Jay
Dropboxer

In general, the promotional offer is only granted to accounts created via the Lenovo version of the app.

Making an account on the website means that the offer can't be added to the account, unfortunately. Is the pre-installed version of the Dropbox app from Lenovo still showing a prompt?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tim555
Explorer | Level 3

No, in the Dropbox version on this Lenovo (bought in November), no prompt is shown. As I mentioned before, from the prompt I followed the 30 Gb process until it hung. I then had to close it down as I couldn't reverse out of the hung process. I then did a manual install from the Dropbox website, in the name of jacky.thackeray (the eventual user of this machine when I get it set-up properly for her). I guess either the pre-installed offer only allowed one attempt or the manual install has overwritten the pre-install.

Am I wasting my time (and yours) pursuing this? I could just uninstall the app and forget it was ever offered.

Jay
Dropboxer

In order to look into this further, I'd recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail. 

You can do this by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into any account, and accessing this link.

From there you should be able to contact support. Make sure to enter the same email of the account you attempted to register the Lenovo promotion. 

Once you get a ticket ID from the automated response, please let me know the number here so I can locate it in our system!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tim555
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks. Ill do that tomorrow as I am fully committed today.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?