cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Licenses non-profit civic group

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have a project where only 3 of us need to be working with admin, etc control.  Do I have to add a license for the other two to just view and send me comments?  Or can I add 2 that need admin, remove them, the replace them with the other two, etc?

Thanks in advance, 

MBrotary

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Licenses non-profit civic group

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@MBrotary), depending on your needs, you could invite your two close collaborators & give them admin rights as soon as they join your team. From there, in case you’d merely like the rest of your team to have View-only 🔗 & commenting permissions to the files in question, all you’d need to do is share a link with them. If you decide to follow my advice, then it would be worth remembering that anyone with the link can access your filestructure, though you could limit your audience by setting your sharing permissions accordingly. 

Alternatively, you could adjust your team’s membership settings according to the project you’re temporarily working on with your colleagues & properly invite/ remove members. 

I’m also here in case you need further assistance in any way, so please do let me know how you get on with my suggestions or in case you have further inquiries. Thanks for choosing Dropbox & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Do I need a license for 3 or 5 in that case?  Also, is there any discount for a non-profit?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back in touch with me here @MBrotary! The amount of licenses you’ll need will depend on how many users will need to actively participate on projects/ concurrently work on the same assignment & cannot do so while on a personal account due to space limitations. I’d suggest contacting our sales team in regards to this inquiry, since they'll be able to advise in regards to the most suitable plan for you, & help you apply a discount before your upgrade, as we do provide discounts to non-profit organizations

If you’ve already upgraded to a paid plan, then please do let me know here & I’ll make sure to reach out to you on my end via email, in order to help you move forward on the matter. Thanks again for your cooperation & I’ll be awaiting to hearing back from you on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?