cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation of incomplete referral links?

Limitation of incomplete referral links?

Michał
Helpful | Level 7

Is there any limitation of uncomplete refferal links? I have two refferal links with status: "Waiting for installation" and "Waiting for e-mail verification". It's very old invitation and I don't think they will complete those refferal links. Does it mean that I lost two refferal links? Or still I can get maximum free space from refferal links?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Limitiatino of uncomplete refferal links?

Rich
Super User II

If you upgrade, referrals bonuses are doubled. If you downgrade, referral bonuses are halved. They're never taken away from you unless it's determined that you somehow cheated the system, in which case Dropbox could mark ALL of your referrals as ineligible and remove ALL bonus space.

There are other bonus types, usually earned with the purchase of a specific device or through another promotion, that are time limited. Referral bonuses are not time limited.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Incomplete referrals won't count against you. You'll still be able to complete additional referrals and earn the maximum bonus of 16GB (32GB for paid users).

Michał
Helpful | Level 7

Does it mean that if I invite someone from the Pro account I will receive 32 GB and from normal I can only get 16 GB ? Does it possible to get both bonus (16 or 32) ? Or if I invite people from normal account I never will get the 32 GB ? Am I right?

Rich
Super User II

You can earn a maximum of 32 referral bonues. For a Basic (i.e. free) account, they're 500MB each. If you upgrade to a paid account, they double to 1GB each. So for a Basic account, you can earn 32 x 500MB = 16GB. Upgrade to a paid account and that becomes 32 x 1GB = 32GB. If you were to later downgrade back to a Basic account, your referral bonuses are reduced back to 500MB each.

Michał
Helpful | Level 7
Last question, so each changing account from basic to pro will double those bonus and if I'm back to normal it will downgrade each time from normal to pro and from pro to normal , am I right? If dropbox will cancell any refferal bonus it still won't count against me? Still I'm able to get the full bonus of free space?

Rich
Super User II

If you upgrade, referrals bonuses are doubled. If you downgrade, referral bonuses are halved. They're never taken away from you unless it's determined that you somehow cheated the system, in which case Dropbox could mark ALL of your referrals as ineligible and remove ALL bonus space.

There are other bonus types, usually earned with the purchase of a specific device or through another promotion, that are time limited. Referral bonuses are not time limited.

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

View solution in original post

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Michał Helpful | Level 7
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?