cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link personal account to multiple business accounts

Link personal account to multiple business accounts

stuyguy
Explorer | Level 4

Like the title says, I have multiple business accounts as I have two jobs, both of which use Dropbox Business. Fortunately, they both provide me with computers so that I have one business app on each computer.

My question is - is it possible to "link my personal account" to both of them? I didn't try this as I don't want to potentially lose access to my files.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Link personal account to multiple business accounts

Lusil
Dropboxer

If you connect a personal and a work account together, you won't be able to link either of them to another one. 

For this reason, you'll have to choose which ones you want to connect and which ones you want to have locally on either device.  

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply, but let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @stuyguy, thanks for dropping by. 

Currently, you can connect one personal account to a work account, but not more than that. 

Linking two accounts also won't affect your files. 

Out of curiosity, would you like to be able to connect all your accounts, so that you can access them from the website or your desktop app? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

stuyguy
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Lusil for the super fast reply. I'm not sure I completely understand your answer. Sure, I can connect my personal account to work account A. But what happens if I then try to connect the personal account to work account B? Does it?

1. Disconnect it from work account A?
  2. Refuse to connect to work account B unless I disconnect it from work account A first?
  3. Actually work and let me connect to both work account A and work account B?

I'm trying this on the web right now, but ideally, I could do the following on my desktop:

On work computer A (running Windows), access both my personal and work account A files.

On work computer B (running MacOS), access both my personal and work account B files.

I don't need to log into both work accounts on the same computer.

Thanks!

Lusil
Dropboxer

If you connect a personal and a work account together, you won't be able to link either of them to another one. 

For this reason, you'll have to choose which ones you want to connect and which ones you want to have locally on either device.  

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply, but let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

ColinSutton
New member | Level 2

Hi stuyguy, 

Did you try to connect to both work accounts? I have a similar problem: a personal account, a business account of my own, and my employer's dropbox account, and would like to be able to have all three dropboxes on one computer.

stuyguy
Explorer | Level 4

No, as the official Dropbox reply said - this configuration is not supported at the moment. I didn't try getting this working as it might have synced down a lot of data.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

stuyguy Explorer | Level 4
    ColinSutton New member | Level 2
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?