cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link personal account to multiple business accounts

Link personal account to multiple business accounts

stuyguy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Like the title says, I have multiple business accounts as I have two jobs, both of which use Dropbox Business. Fortunately, they both provide me with computers so that I have one business app on each computer.

My question is - is it possible to "link my personal account" to both of them? I didn't try this as I don't want to potentially lose access to my files.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you connect a personal and a work account together, you won't be able to link either of them to another one. 

For this reason, you'll have to choose which ones you want to connect and which ones you want to have locally on either device.  

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply, but let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @stuyguy, thanks for dropping by. 

Currently, you can connect one personal account to a work account, but not more than that. 

Linking two accounts also won't affect your files. 

Out of curiosity, would you like to be able to connect all your accounts, so that you can access them from the website or your desktop app? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

stuyguy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Lusil for the super fast reply. I'm not sure I completely understand your answer. Sure, I can connect my personal account to work account A. But what happens if I then try to connect the personal account to work account B? Does it?

1. Disconnect it from work account A?
  2. Refuse to connect to work account B unless I disconnect it from work account A first?
  3. Actually work and let me connect to both work account A and work account B?

I'm trying this on the web right now, but ideally, I could do the following on my desktop:

On work computer A (running Windows), access both my personal and work account A files.

On work computer B (running MacOS), access both my personal and work account B files.

I don't need to log into both work accounts on the same computer.

Thanks!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you connect a personal and a work account together, you won't be able to link either of them to another one. 

For this reason, you'll have to choose which ones you want to connect and which ones you want to have locally on either device.  

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply, but let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

ColinSutton
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi stuyguy, 

Did you try to connect to both work accounts? I have a similar problem: a personal account, a business account of my own, and my employer's dropbox account, and would like to be able to have all three dropboxes on one computer.

stuyguy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

No, as the official Dropbox reply said - this configuration is not supported at the moment. I didn't try getting this working as it might have synced down a lot of data.

Himanshi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am using two different computers, is it possible to link my personal account linked with business account A on one computer and link the same personal account with business account B on second computer. Currently, it is not allowing me showing error"that this account is already linked with another account".

Please help. I want to use my personal dropbox at both places. It is where I share my common working files.

Thanks in advance

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Himanshi, thanks for posting your question here! 

You can only link one personal Dropbox account with one Business team. 

It's not currently possible to achieve what you mentioned. 

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ArielleS
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi!

I'm on the Product team at Dropbox, and we hear your feedback and are trying to solve the need of linking multiple business accounts!

To start, we have a web prototype, and we're looking for engaged customers like you to test it out and give us feedback.

Please reply here if you're interested in participating in this pilot in November 2022!

ColinSutton
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes. I'll beta test it for you. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

HappyTales Helpful | Level 6
    jstolder Helpful | Level 6
    BenDBX Community Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?