cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Personal ACC

Linking Personal ACC

Sheriffmumbles
New member | Level 2

Ive Been seeing people with forums on linking and unlinking accounts but they don't seem to help me. 

My issue is that somehow the accounts unlinked (they were working perfectly before),  got some notification from dropbox and once i went through with it the accounts separated and now when I'm tryin to link my personal acc to my Business acc, there's an error msg that says "please link a personal account". Super confused and frustrated and its a hassle to be signing out and back in when i need something. currently only have the Business Acc on my Laptop. Nothing seems to work so far. 

shrf

4 Replies 4

Re: Linking Personal ACC

Mark
Super User II

Is one of the accounts a paid for business account? If so you can link by following https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/multiple-accounts/link-unlink-two-accounts

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Sheriff M.
New member | Level 2
Yup tried that before. Same response. I don’t have a billed account tho but the fundamentals still don’t seem to work

Mark
Super User II

If you dont have a billled account then you cannot connect them - a paid Business (www.dropbox.com/business) account is a requirement for both to sync at the same time. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Sheriff M.
New member | Level 2

Oh Man That Sucks Cuz They were linked up to A Month Ago. Thanks tho!

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sheriff M. New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?