cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in Issues, Even with Security Code

Highlighted

Logging in Issues, Even with Security Code

Explorer | Level 3

Hi All,

I hope this is an easy fix, and I am just an idiot, but I am having issues with logging into one of my dropbox accounts. 

I first tried to l log in on my surface tablet via the Dropbox app. I can go through all the steps including being sent a 6-digit security code and inputting it. That is when things do not work. After I submit the code, there is an error message, "There was a problem completing this request." I tried having a new code resent and submitting it, but I receive the same message.

Afterwards, I have tried logging in online on my pc, but that does not seem to work also. When I try to sign in after putting in the correct credentials, it looks like it is trying to log in (sign-in button fades and cannot be pressed, page loading, etc.), nothing happens. I am back to same login page with my credentials already inputted, and there is no error message whatsoever. Can you please tell me what the issue is?

Thanks,

Kylar

11 Replies 11
Highlighted

Re: Logging in Issues, Even with Security Code

Dropboxer

Hey there @Kylar, I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues!

Can you just try clicking the Dropbox icon in the top left of the Community page here? It should take you straight to your account so let me know how that goes.

In terms of the issues you mentioned with the desktop app, do you perhaps have a firewall that may be blocking the connection?

Also, can you let me know if the device that you're trying to install the desktop app fulfills the minimum system requirements listed here?

Let me know and we'll go from there - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey @Daphne,

Thanks for the reply!

The account that I am currently logged in works fine. The problem is with my other account. My pc and tablet both fulfill the requirements of being able to use dropbox. With my current account, I can log in to drop box both on pc and surface tablet via browser and app. However, when I try to log into my other account, that is when I have the issues that I have previously stated. 

P.S. Do you need the account names?

Thanks,

Kylar

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @Kylar, thanks for that info!

Just to clarify, are you trying to sign into the desktop app that your other account (that you can access) is currently connected to? Are you perhaps trying to pair a business and personal account and if so, have you followed all of the steps listed here?

If so, are you able to access the account you're having troubles with through an incognito browser window?

I wouldn't want you to share the account names here for your security as this is a public forum. However, if we get to this point then we can go directly through our Support channel.

I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you - thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey Daphne,

I am just trying to use dropbox through the browser on my pc, and via the dropbox app on my tablet. I was trying to only use one account on both (the one that is not working.) I am only using my current account to post communications on here, and for troubleshooting my pc and tablet.

I have used all 3 browsers: Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, along with incognito mode and private mode. My current account lets me log in; however, on all browsers, my other account does not work. Same thing goes for the surface tablet dropbox app. My current account will let me log in, but the other one does not.

When I log into the app on the tablet, after I input the security code which I have received from the email, I get the error, "There was a problem completing this request.." However, when I use my current account, it works. For the browsers on my pc, I noticed that when I try to log in, and I am sent a security code, but the popup for entering the code never comes up...on any of the browsers or browser modes.

Let me know what else I can try.

Thanks,

Kylar

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @Kylar, thanks for confirming that for me!

At this point, we would need to continue through our Support channel so that we can look into some account specific info. I was able to locate your open ticket with our Support team and can see that you received a reply from a member of the team, did you receive this?

They would be best equipped to continue troubleshooting with you there as I'm not able to see any account specific info here on the Community, so I've made sure to pass along all your comments here to your ticket so that you don't need to go over that again. Please just follow up in reply to the email from the team.

Thanks!

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey Daphne,

Thanks for the info. I do want to continue troubleshooting via the support channel, but besides you, I have not received reply from anyone from dropbox yet. If they can send it again, or double-checked if they sent it to this email account, I would answer back as soon as I get it.

Thanks,

Kylar

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Kylar,

Perhaps the email got mistakenly redirected to your Junk/Spam inbox, could you please just check there too just in case?

Also, just to ensure we're looking in the right location, it should be sent to the email address associated with the Dropbox account you're currently logged in with and not the one you're having issues with.

I hope this helps! 

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey Daphne,

I checked the junk/spam inbox and also searched for dropbox, but the only thing that has shown up recently are the forum replies. And, yes, it would be this account. Can they resend or should I give out the email address?

Thanks,

Kylar

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hello @Kylar,

I've just given a nudge to that agent to reach out to you to reach out to you again in reply to your open ticket. Please just keep an eye on your inbox for now and if you don't receive a reply after a reasonable amount of time then let me know here and I'll reach out to you directly.

I hope this helps even a little - thanks!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?