cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in and out

Logging in and out

Suite
New member | Level 2

I use all apple products - an Imac desktop, laptop and ipad.  When I open my computers, dropbox is one of the apps that opens automatically on my screen.  It never asks me to "log in" or "log out".  This seems very unsecure to me since lots of my personal information is stored there.  I cannot even find within the program where I do either of these things.  How can I set it up so that it requires me to login to open it and logout when I finish (or where is the logout request within the program)?

P.S.  I just clicked on the dropbox app on my iphone - it does request that I login before accessing any documents.

2 Replies 2

Re: Logging in and out

Rich
Super User II

@Suite wrote:

How can I set it up so that it requires me to login to open it and logout when I finish (or where is the logout request within the program)?

There is no such option. The Dropbox app on your computer uses a secure token for authentication, and once linked to a Dropbox account, doesn't require you to sign in or out. The only way to sign out of the app is to unlink the computer from your account.

Instead, secure the user account on your computer so no one else can sign in to the computer as you. If they can't sign in as you, they can't access your Dropbox.

Re: Logging in and out

Suite
New member | Level 2

Thanks - I got it.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?