cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long story... I need to combine two personal accounts folders into one.

Highlighted

Long story... I need to combine two personal accounts folders into one.

New member | Level 2

My company had a dropbox acocunt that they deleted, we went with a different system. So, before they removed my files I moved all my files to my "personal" drop box.  This was on my work laptop. I assumed that it was my own personal account. It was not.  It was a 'Personal" sub account to my work drop box.  I have been saving to this, on my laptop, for about 2 months.

On my phone, where I also save a lot into my "personal" drop box, is my actual personal account.  not linked to my work.

I now need to reconcile these two accounts into one.  I dont  have time to go through each  f'ing folder and file.  This shouldnt be difficult.

I desperately need to talk to someone at Dropbox about this.  

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Long story... I need to combine two personal accounts folders into one.

Super User II

@DeanE wrote:

I now need to reconcile these two accounts into one.

There's no way to merge two accounts into one. You can share a folder between the two accounts and use it to transfer files from one account to another.

I desperately need to talk to someone at Dropbox about this.  

If you have a Dropbox Business Advanced account, options for phone support along with the required PIN can be found in your Admin console. Otherwise phone support is not available.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?