cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Access to Email

Lost Access to Email

dipob
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I was recently required to change my dropbox password by Dropbox. However, the email linked to my account has since been deleted (which I was unaware of) and so it has left me unable to get back into my account. I really need to access it as it has a number of important documents, as well of several pieces of work I need to submit for my degree.

I have been disappointed with the Dropbox support so far, as it has simply consisted of a bot directing me to pages that I have already looked at myself, which offer no help to my situation.

I'm hoping there is a solution to this as it is very important.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Re: Lost Access to Email

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @dipob, thanks for reaching out to our Community.

Is the problem is with the account you're posting from?

If so, since you're already logged in, can you try changing your email address from your account settings using the current password and let me know if it works?

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dipob
New member | Level 2

Hi, thanks for your reply.

No the problem is from a different account that I am now basically locked out from.

I'm wondering if there is any way to access it since I still have all the other details.

Thanks

Mark
Super User II

Hi @dipob 

I'm afraid not. Without access to the email the account is lost 😞 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    dipob New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?