cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone, Backup Phone - Two Step Verification on - How to recover my account?

Lost Phone, Backup Phone - Two Step Verification on - How to recover my account?

drshahimran
New member | Level 2

First of all, I have lost my phone. Lost my connected number and backup number. Two factor authentication is still on. So, how can I recover my another dropbox account? Please help me. I can prove myself by providing authentic documents like NID card, Passport etc. 

How to mail Dropbox ? How to contact Support Team? Please suggest me. I have so many important documents and images stored in my dropbox account. I'll have to retrive that. Please help. 

3 Replies 3

Re: Lost Phone, Backup Phone - Two Step Verification on - How to recover my account?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @drshahimran, thanks for posting your question on the Dropbox Community, and I'm sorry to hear about your frustration. 

If you lost your phone and don't have access to the number, you can try some of the suggestions mentioned in this article to try and resolve this issue. 

If you reach a dead-end though, you can contact our Support team from here via an incognito window. 

You can also let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) once you submit a Help Request, so as to pass your comments along. 

Give me another nudge if you have any other questions, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Verification

Msn
Explorer | Level 3
Hi I use my mobile number as login verification however i got a new mobile number and before i got the chance to change from old to
new as i still had both phones i had old phone stolen and number was deactivated by o2 how do i now update my verification method to new number as it will send a login code to my old number which i cannot access please help as dropbox is my life

Re: Verification

Rich
Super User II

@Msn wrote:
I use my mobile number as login verification however i got a new mobile number and before i got the chance to change from old to
new ... i had old phone stolen and number was deactivated ...

If you don't have another device linked to your account, you'll need to use the emergency backup codes you were given when you activated two-step verification.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Msn Explorer | Level 3
    Lusil Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?