cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to account mail adress

Lost access to account mail adress

foreverxblind
Explorer | Level 4
I lost access to the mail adress which is linked to my Dropbox account. However, its still possible for me to access my Dropbox account. My issue is that I‘m not able to change my mail adress to my current one. I enter the new adress but I don’t receive a verification mail afterwards. What can I do?
Thanks in advance for your support.
Cheers,
Michael
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lost access to account mail adress

Jay
Dropboxer

Thanks for that, we’ve replied to your message and will continue this there.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, when you try to change email addresses, does it state it’s sending a verification email to the new address or the old one?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

dask2008
New member | Level 2

Olá, só alterar endereço de email, ele enviará um email de verificação para o novo endereço.

foreverxblind
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

sorry for the late reply. There is a new line entitled "pending email change" with my new adress. I can choose "verify email" and I assume it should be sent to my current mail, not the old one. But I receive nothing.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for getting back to me.

When you request to verify your email address, you will receive an email from no-reply@dropbox.com with the steps to verify your account.

If you don't receive an email after a reasonable amount of time, please check your spam folder to ensure that no-reply@dropbox.com is not blocked. 

You can also add no-reply@dropbox.com to your address book and request another email verification email.

Let me know if you’re still experiencing issues with this!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

foreverxblind
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

tried it several times, but still no success. I restarted the process a few times and made sure that the no-reply adress is in my contects (and had a look in my webmailer directly). This is how it looks like... is my new adress including a hyphen an issue? dropbox.PNG

Cheers,

Michael

Jay
Dropboxer
There shouldn’t be any issue with hyphens in the email addresses. 

Is there nothing in the spam folder in your webmail? Is this a work account, and the emails being blocked by the security policies there?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

foreverxblind
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your support! No, it's a personal account hosted by strato.de in Germany. Nothing special.

I double-checked the settings in my webmail interface. Spam is never blocked, which means the mails should arrive nevertheless. I'm out of ideas... 😞

Jay
Dropboxer
Well, let’s see what we can do!

Since you mentioned you don’t have access to your email address, reaching out to your forum profile email wouldn’t work since you’d never receive it.

Could you open an incognito/private browsing window and visit https://www.dropbox.com/support. Assuming it kept you logged out of your account, you should see an option that says "I can't sign in" then "Get help with other issue".

Please ensure you choose an email to which you can receive our responses and from which you can reply to us.

You should get an automated email with the 7 digit ticket ID, please could you reply here with the number so we can search for it in our system!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

foreverxblind
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

yeah, that worked. I used my current mail adress that I tried to change in my personal settings above. Now I received the mail instantly.

Here's the number: Ticket #8330866

Cheers,

Michael

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

foreverxblind Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?