cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to email account

Highlighted
New member | Level 2

I have lost access to my email and my password has expired. I have no way of logging in. There is no customer support number, which is very frustrating. To create a discussion within this group I had to create a new account with the free trial.  I need to be able to contact a human being to work with, but just keep getting the run around with the bot. 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Lost access to email account

Super User II

@bmbowers04 wrote:

I have lost access to my email and my password has expired. I have no way of logging in.

Unfortunately, if you no longer have access to your email address and your Dropbox password has expired, you'll likely be unable to access the account. There's a chance if you still have an active device linked to the account, but otherwise it won't be possible.

Perhaps you can contact your mail provider and try to get access to the email address associated with your account.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
I am still being billed for an account I can not access and there is no one I can contact?
Highlighted

Super User II

@bmbowers04 wrote:
I am still being billed for an account I can not access and there is no one I can contact?

Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?