cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost account access & email access, ID theft 7 months ago... Please help.

Highlighted

Lost account access & email access, ID theft 7 months ago... Please help.

New member | Level 2

7 months ago I was a victim of identity theft and I'm still struggling to get back access to over a dozen accounts. Google is no help. I do not have access to the email address associated with my Dropbox account which I've had for probably a decade. Google will not respond. And I need to get back into my Dropbox account as many Port documents and pictures are in there. Please please please please help

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Lost account access & email access, ID theft 7 months ago... Please help.

Super User II

@BrandonH wrote:
I do not have access to the email address associated with my Dropbox account which I've had for probably a decade. ... And I need to get back into my Dropbox account ...

Unfortuantely, without access to the email address assocaited with your Dropbox, you likely won't be able to gain access to the account. You would either need to know the password (without it being expired) or still have an active device connected to the account.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?