cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost account

Lost account

AshleyStokes
Explorer | Level 4

I previously had an account through my work that I uploaded cherished personal pictures to. That work has opened my old email to receive a password reset link and forward it to me- but so far has not received one from Dropbox like I have requested. Is there anyone I can talk to at Dropbox about accessing my old account?

5 Replies 5

Re: Lost account

Rich
Super User II

@AshleyStokes wrote:

I previously had an account ...

How long ago?

AshleyStokes
Explorer | Level 4
The account from my work was 5 years ago... I’m not sure if it was somehow set inactive or how long ago that would have taken place:

Rich
Super User II

@AshleyStokes wrote:
The account from my work was 5 years ago... I’m not sure if it was somehow set inactive or how long ago that would have taken place:

You haven't received an email because the account was probably deleted. Accounts that are idle for more than a year are deleted due to inactivity. Unfortunately, once that happens, neither the account nor the files within can be recovered.

AshleyStokes
Explorer | Level 4
Even if the business that had the account is still active? I was just one user of many.

Rich
Super User II

@AshleyStokes wrote:
Even if the business that had the account is still active? I was just one user of many.

Only the business would be able to help you in such a case. If they kept your account active, they would still have access to it and any files that were in it. If they removed your account from the team, the account was deleted and cannot be recovered.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    AshleyStokes Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?